Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lights!

This evening the Christmas lights and decorations start to light up the outside of our home.  With the help of Candace and Eric the icicle lights were hung on the house.  The reindeer, snowman and packages were put together and tested to make sure they worked.  So far all has went very well.

I am grateful for the kindness of others.  Taking the time out of their already long day making sure the lights got hung before it gets too late.  No, it would not be the end of the world if  the lights did not get hung outside of our home.  Christmas would still come and packages would be opened, ribbons and boxes all around.  But there is something about Christmas lights that add the extra glow. 

I remember as a little girl getting into the car to take a ride with the family and look at the lights on all the houses that people have so meticulously put out for others to enjoy.  I still love doing that at this time of year.  Minus the snow and the freezing weather, here in Florida you can still feel the spirit of Christmas.

The lights that glow from the trees, bushes, snowmen and santa's mean so much more.  The glow of the lights remind me of the light of Christ.  I am so grateful for my family and friends who have shown me the light of Christ in the little things that they have done for me.  So this year when I look at those lights, I will think of the light of Christ that we all carry with us, and share it with others.

2 comments:

  1. Ah! What a nice post. I was a great thing to read this Sunday morning before the hubbub of getting ready for church starts. It helped put my head and heart in the right place to begin today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas lights also remind me of the light of Christ that we all can enjoy. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete